Pumpkin bread made a lìttle healthier wìth applesauce instead of oil! The perfect Fall treat to satìsfy a pumpkin cravìng and great for sharìng.
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups sugar *see notes
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, sugar, applesauce, water, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until blended.
Pour into bread or cupcake pans (will make 3 medium loafs or 36 cupcakes). Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes for bread, 25 to 35 minutes for muffins, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
*This can seem like a lot of sugar, I know! Keep in mind this recipe makes 3 loaves, but if it still feels like too much sugar for you, some readers have reported that they cut the amount of sugar in half (or even as low as 1 cup) for the whole recipe. I have not tried it this way but some people have preferred it with less sugar.