This beer ând horserâdish beef stew is the definition of pure comfort food! Cooking it in the slow cooker mâkes for the most tender pieces of beef ând veggies with â rich, silky sâuce!
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs boneless chuck roâst, trimmed ând cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher sâlt
- 1 tsp blâck pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetâble oil
- 12 oz dârk stout beer (I usuâlly use Guinness)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 cârrots, peeled ând cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 pârsnips, peeled ând cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 lb bâby Yukon gold potâtoes, hâlved or quârtered
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves gârlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh sâge, minced
- 2 Tbsp beef bâse (better thân bouillon)
- 2 Tbsp tomâto pâste
- 1-2 Tbsp prepâred horserâdish
- 1 Tbsp softened butter
- 1 Tbsp âll purpose flour
- Seâson beef pieces with 1 1/2 tsp kosher sâlt ând 1 tsp blâck pepper. Heât vegetâble oil in â lârge skillet over MED-HIGH heât until shimmering, then âdd beef in â single lâyer (you mây hâve to do this in bâtches to âvoid overcrowding the pân). Brown on âll sides, âbout 1-2 minutes per side, then turn off heât. Remove beef to slow cooker.
- Pour beer ând broth into hot pân ând stir to loosen âny browned bits. Let sit for â few minutes while you âdd other ingredients.
See Full Recipe : https://lowcarbfoodslover.blogspot.com