Blueberry Banana Bread – delicious, easy breakfast bread made with Greek yogurt and blueberries. This moist loaf of banana bread has only 1/3 cup butter, the rest of butter replaced by Greek yogurt and bananas. Tips for how to make light and fluffy loaf and avoid a dense and rubbery texture.
- 2 bananas ripe, smashed
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup butter , melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- egg 1
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. This recipe makes 1 banana bread loaf.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed bananas, Greek yogurt and melted butter, using wooden fork or spoon. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix
- just enough to blend the ingredients; do not over-mix, the lumps will work themselves out.
Add whole blueberries to the batter and mix them in to distribute evenly through the batter.
- Butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, butter the parchment paper too. Pour the batter in the pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove the banana bread from pan and slice to serve.
Note: lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper ensures that the bottom of the bread will not get stuck.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 217Calories from Fat 54%, Daily Value* Fat 6g9% Saturated Fat 4g25% Cholesterol 32mg11% Sodium 72mg7% Potassium 125mg4% Carbohydrates 36g12% Fiber 1g4% Sugar 18g20% Protein 3g6% Vitamin A 230IU5% Vitamin C 2.8mg3% Calcium 16mg2% Iron 1mg6% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.