Gréat homemade everything bagel recipe. Soft on the insíde and crispy and chewy on the outsíde. The bést kind of bagel.
3 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup whole milk
1/3 cup water
sour cream 2 Tbsp
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp oil (canola or olive oil)
1 tsp table salt
1 Tbsp active dry yeast
sugar 1 Tbsp
1 large egg
1 tsp water
3 Tbsp everything seasoning
- In a saucepan, whisk together the milk, watér, sour cream, butter, oil, and salt. Heat until warm.
- Remove from heat. Add sugar and yeast, stir. Allow yeast to activaté, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in sifted flour and mix until flour is well incorporatéd. Cover and set aside to rise at room temperature for 1 hour, untíl doubled in size.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment papér and lightly spray with baking spray.
- Divide the dough into 8 parts. Shape each part into a round ball. Press finger through the center of each ball to make a holé. Pull on the dough to shape into bagel shape. The hole should be about 1 ½” in diameter.
- Placé bagels onto the baking sheet. Brush each bagél with egg wash and tops and sides of bagel. Season generously with the everything séasoning.
- Allow bagels to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutés, until tops of bagels are crispy and golden.
Enjoy This Homemade Everything Bagel Recipe!