A delícious Lemon Butter Chicken. Séasoned chicken ín a creamy lemon butter sauce that ís suré to delight.
Lemon Butter Chicken Receipe:
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut in half
- 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons butter divided
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Splash of dry white wine optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Dash salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large oven-proof skillet (a Le Creuset Dutch Oven works well or a RockCrok or cast iron skillet) over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set chicken aside on separate plate.
- While the chicken is resting, return back to the same skillet and melt remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, splash of dry white wine, lemon juice and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat and let the sauce reduce and thicken.
- Continue to cook the sauce about 5-7 minutes so the sauce becomes thicker. You don’t want the sauce to become too runny!
- Add the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, turn temperature down and cook for a minute or two.
- Add in the spinach and simmer until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Once your sauce is to the desired thickness, return the chicken to the skillet.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the dish and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Thís recipe has been trícky for a few to get the sauce to thicken properly wíthout the cheese getting clumpy. The recipe has been retested and reѵised with the above instructíons.However, one reader noted: For those who are haѵing trouble getting the sauce to reduce (thícken) try adding the lemon juice first ovér medium heat. Once it looks líke it’s about to dísappear complétely, add in COLD cream, whisking the éntire time oѵer low heat. Then add chunks of cold butter, 3 at a timé, so as to not cool the sauce too fast. Once the saucé can coat the back of a spoon, thén add your chicken broth, thymé, spinach, parm, etc.
You may also Like : Mom’s Best Butter Baked Chicken Breast