Recipe by MyLovely Healthy ( thank you )
⦁ 1 lb Corned Beef already cooked, see notes
⦁ 1 cup Sauerkraut
⦁ 6 slices Swiss Cheese or enough shredded to cover the top
⦁ 1/2 tsp Caraway Seeds see notes
THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING
⦁ 3/4 cup Paleo Lime Mayo
⦁ 2 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
⦁ 2 Kosher Dill Pickles finely chopped
⦁ 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
⦁ 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1.Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine all the ‘Thousand Island Dressing’ ingredients in a glass jar, put a lid on it and seal it tightly, and shake real good until everything is combined. Set aside.
- 2.Strain any extra liquid out of the sauerkraut and squeeze dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- 3. Carve up the corned beef into bite-sized pieces. Try not to eat it all before it makes it into the casserole dish. Place the corned beef pieces in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Evenly distribute the sauerkraut over the corned beef and drizzle about half of the Thousand Island Dressing over that. Cover the top with the Swiss cheese and sprinkle with the caraway seeds, if using.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the top is bubbly and slightly golden. Remove from oven and serve hot with an additional drizzle of the remaining Thousand Island Dressing.